Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself on the O2 Community!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi all,

I'd like to welcome one and all to the O2 Community! Its a great place to get advice, post your feedback and talk about your ideas for the network. If you have a question that you need some advice on, head over to the devices section or the other products and services section. You can also get rewarded for helping others as well chat about anything you like in the off-topic section.

I'm Toby, the community coordinator of the forum. I also work with Marjo who is the head of community and Marina who is also a community coordinator like me. I've been working on the community since August 2012. It's been great so far and I look forward to hearing from many more of you slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Toby

- This is a brand new 'Introduce yourself' thread, but you can find the old one HERE

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 758
757 REPLIES 757

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

A warm welcome to you @Scottysuvahalf!

You're already doing well....you've earned a community reward this month wink

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Community-Rewards-January-2016/m-p/945468

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 581 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been with O2 for just over a year now and I am reasonably happy with everything apart from the signal I get where I live which is not brilliant.

I have a 4G capable phone and so far haven't experienced a 4G signal!

I have use TuGo which jas been useful when in the Yorkshire Dales which I frequent several times a year, (the signal there in places is non-existant!)

My interests are walking (of course), golf, (I am off 5), PS3/4 (Batman and Assassins Creed favourite games) and reading, (I'm attempting War & Peace at the moment).

How do I get to the area where I ask about call tariffs?  I particularly want to know more about freephone calls on 0800 and the such.

Message 582 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum Welcome

Re the other numbers you ask about... http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/service-numbers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 583 of 758

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Welcome slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 584 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what I mean.

On the linked page re free calls, it states that 0800 numbers are free but there's a astrix over rider below stating that there's a 1 minute charge.

So is 0800 free or not?
Message 585 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
This is what I mean.

On the linked page re free calls, it states that 0800 numbers are free but there's a astrix over rider below stating that there's a 1 minute charge.

So is 0800 free or not?

Ah well. We had a lot of discussion about this when the link was published....There is an 'access charge' with some of the numbers. ie you are charged to connect....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 586 of 758

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
All 0800 numbers are free. 0845 or any other variation that isn't 0800 are subject to an access charge and that varies depending on the number. Some will also carry an additional charge too.
Safest way is only call 0800 or 03 numbers (apart from standard mobiles and landlines) and use "sayno" apps for all others.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 587 of 758

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi folks!

Im a part time store advisor for O2 (and full time student). My shift patterns have recently changed to include a few quiet afternoons - during those lulls I thought I may as well help out here.

I've 3 years experience with the company with a good knowledge of the processes and policies. Feel free to tag me in any thread or PM if you think my input will be helpful. Although I wont be in a position to offer much more than advice - there aren't many issues that I won't have encountered already. 

Good to meet you all slight_smile 

Message 589 of 758

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 590 of 758