Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change plan

StuLux
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following recent increases to my current plan I'm looking to save money.  My account says that I can upgrade today and, included in the options is a SIM only deal for £17.99 per month including 12GB data.  As I use very little data each month this plan suits me but when I choose this option (and indeed any other option, including unlimited data, which is what I have now) it says that "Sorry, as you're no longer eligible for supercharge benefits your new plan won't include Volt boosts like double data and travel benefits."  It's not clear what this actually means as the 12GB plan does appear to include "Roam at no extra cost in 75 destinations worldwide, including the EU, the USA, Australia and Mexico." which is important to me.  What benefits would I actually be losing by 'downgrading' to this plan (other than losing unlimited data)? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144980 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@StuLux 

If the benefits come with the actual tariff, you will keep them, but if not, the Volt free add ons will be removed.

Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144980 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@StuLux 

If the benefits come with the actual tariff, you will keep them, but if not, the Volt free add ons will be removed.

Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6780 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Have a look at https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/?inset-cookie-banner&utm_accountid=5303720174...

Some deals far cheaper and you can take them as an upgrade

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144980 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Have a look at https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/?inset-cookie-banner&utm_accountid=5303720174...

Some deals far cheaper and you can take them as an upgrade

None of which give travel inclusive (OP requirement) outside of Volt benefits.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4