Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM outage 16/04/24

Markmat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can see some other posts about this, just adding my own data points.

We have two iPhones in the house which have O2 eSIMs, and also O2 physical SIMs on corporate accounts.

Both eSIMs have been reporting No Service since this morning, but both physical SIMs are working fine.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Markmat
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just followed the approach used by @P-A-W and it was actually fairly painless. 

I started the chat in a desktop browser with the bot, and was then shown a QR code to scan to trigger a conversation within the app on my phone.

I then explained the problem again (to a different bot) in the MyO2 app, and about 30 minutes later got a notification in the app with a response from a human agent, who had already triggered a new eSIM to be issued which I could see in the MyO2 app.

Message 21 of 28

Hagadol1
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went into a O2 store this morning, changed to
a new eSim, live immediately.

If you don't live by a store you can O2 can send
a eSim by email, though this might arrive with delay.

You can call O2 on 0800 032 1402 from a Skype
account for free I you don't have another line !

Message 22 of 28

AndreS99
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was having the same problem. I tried as you did to add the eSIM again without removing it first and got the same error. 

I then was brave/reckless and went ahead with removing the existing one and then attempted the re-add. It worked, took 2-3 min. The phone is now back up and running.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Andre

Message 23 of 28

csoup188
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just tried this......removed old eSim from phone. Scanned my old QR code and got an error message saying ''eSim cannot be added'' code is no longer valid 🙄

Message 24 of 28

gazuk2015
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I managed to sort mine. Went onto the o2 app and started a conversation and requested a new Esim from them. The new Esim was delivered to the app, then just install from there.

Message 25 of 28

csoup188
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE: Called up customer services. They requested a new eSim to be sent to me via email. Received email a few hours later to log in to my MyO2 account. Signed in, message pops up to say activate new eSim. Scanned the QR code and all fixed.  Sorted with a 10min phone call vs. 2 days worth of useless generic responses on the MyO2 webchat. Wish I'd called up earlier.

Message 26 of 28

Markmat
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also managed to get the other phone on my account sorted last night through the MyO2 chat on my phone. I would say that it definitely helped to politely explain that "I am one of the customers who has had no service on my eSIM for the past 36 hours".

What I did notice last night is that it took much longer for the SIM to be generated. Yesterday afternoon it was  already done by the time the agent got back to me, but last night I could see that the order was created about 21:30 BST but the SIM wasn't sent until about 03:00 this morning. I assume that late evening is a very busy time for processing orders though.

Message 27 of 28

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

But at least you were sorted in the end @Markmat ! 👍 

Message 28 of 28