Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM outage 16/04/24

Markmat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can see some other posts about this, just adding my own data points.

We have two iPhones in the house which have O2 eSIMs, and also O2 physical SIMs on corporate accounts.

Both eSIMs have been reporting No Service since this morning, but both physical SIMs are working fine.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

dafyddhirst
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same boat still off . It's 80 miles to an O2 shop ! And they expect me at my cost to just pop in ! .it's ridiculous.just send me a new e sim or a SIM or anything at this stage ! 

Message 11 of 28

Hagadol1
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since yesterday morning, no service from my eSIM. Also WiFi Calling not working.

Message 12 of 28

Wingedwraith
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I managed to fix it. Luckily I kept the original card with the QR code on it from my esim (if you don't have that this won't work). Simply deleted the esim from my phone (if it asks for you to move all your esim contacts don't do that). Then reinstalled the esim from the QR code as normal. Line is now working. Not a perfect situation and definitely something that O2 should be accepting and telling people they are investigating but at least this can help in some way. Sorry to those without access to the original QR code.

Message 13 of 28

P-A-W
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having same problem since yesterday and unable to make calls and text and wifi calling also not working. 

Message 14 of 28

gazuk2015
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Any information from o2 about sorting the fault? (i cant even use wifi calling)

Message 15 of 28

gazuk2015
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Managed to sort anything with eSim? my service is down (cant even drop onto wifi calling !!) 

Message 16 of 28

Markmat
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Wingedwraith , I have just dug out the original QR codes for both phones we have so will try that later. I'm fairly certain that we are probably in a small minority of customers who would have kept the original piece of cardboard though!

Message 17 of 28

P-A-W
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI Thanks to @Wingedwraith idea. I have via my O2 app on wifi connection able to get a hold  of one of the  advisors and suggested resetting eSim. O2 advisor can reset it for you on their end  and resend a new eSim to install on phone via the app (you don't need to do anything with current inactive eSim), the new eSim will automatically deactivate it. I've now got signal. 

Message 18 of 28

Markmat
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For reference, I just tried a combination of @Wingedwraith and @P-A-W 's approaches...

I tried reinstalling my original eSIM QR code without first deleting the same eSIM from my phone, this did not work and I got an iOS error that said "eSIM Cannot be Added. This code is no longer valid. Contact your network provider for more information"

Message 19 of 28

RichardDBlake
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here. On the phone with O2 customer service but they do not seem to be aware that there is a wider issue and therefore can’t tell me what to do about it.

Message 20 of 28