Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Activation

wonderdog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, 

I appreciate that there are lots of conversations on this topic on the community - I have read so many - maybe not all and have not found anything that has not been tried. 

I have a problem of apple watch activation and have spent many hours talking and chatting with customer services. To keep it short, went to add a mobile plan to my watch after I switched to o2 and it said activating for a week. Called customer services and of course I then found out how little the agents know, but one did tell me that they can sort this in an o2 store. 

Spent, hours in the Hereford store, who told me that up to a few weeks ago they could have sorted (by resetting the esim on the o2 network), but that the software access they need was removed from stores a few weeks back. They did though spend 5 hours trying to help, resetting devices, asking for additional support on their chat, swapping sims, etc just in case. Up shot is that I have been able to go through the mobile plan watch request and again it has been activating for nearly two weeks - so after hours wasted I am back to where I started. 

Been calling customer services again and they said they would get a technical ticket and call back - but that was a week ago, told that I have to buy an eSim as the apple watch does not have one, also told that I have to buy a watch from o2, that my watch must be faulty, that only apple can sort this out....

Messaged their social media team .... still waiting. 

Any suggestions welcome - although please don't suggest software versions, resetting devices, etc, etc as thats all been done before including by me, the store and has not worked. 

When I was with ee, had the same, called them, spoke to technical support and they did something on the network and it completed in seconds. 

I thought that o2 would be as easy!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6792 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

As a customer Community this is what we have

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

iPhone 14 & Apple Watch - Megathread 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6792 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

As a customer Community this is what we have

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

iPhone 14 & Apple Watch - Megathread 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2