Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal issues

Vicksmad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been with O2 for about 3 years now. When I got my first phone from them it was amazing, signal was fantastic had no drop outs and could even take a phone call sitting on my couch (which was out of the question with EE).

since upgrading to an iPhone 13 mini it’s been horrible. I have calls drop out, I can’t make calls and this morning the doctor has been trying to call and all they are getting is an engaged signal! I can see the calls coming through but can’t answer them.

My 3G/4G is so poor is ridiculous - at work I can’t connect at all (I work at a school so WiFi is locked down so heavily I can’t access much anyway) it’s getting really frustrating. I walk to work and even Spotify has issues in certain areas.

The coverage checker shows I should have 4g coverage indoors and outdoors (as I used to have with my old iPhone!) but it’s rare this happens. My husband has the same phone on O2 and seems to be having the same issues as well. Could it be the phone?

My phone is still in warranty so is it worth trying to do something about it? Any other suggestions anyone has?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Vicksmad 

It could be the garbage antennae that Apple used in the iPhone 13 mini, also the coverage maps are computer simulations that show coverage in the optimal conditions. Schools dont help as they can be like a faraday cage from there construction. 

Have a look at these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

It might be worth checking in with Apple or getting a couple of new sims from o2 to see if that helps...  Also if you can putting your sim in a different phone and seeing if anything improves

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2