Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in

Dannyhull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

signed up for sim only and entered PAC code when signing up, 4/5 days passed and still no number port so asked on online chat on the app and said it will be done by 6pm today (09/05/23) .... still not done... have restarted phone few times. Can someone look into this??? thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wouldn’t hold your breath, over 3 weeks for me and they’ve made a rich shambles of it. 

Message 2 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Lots of people struggle to get things done using chat @Dannyhull and @Janine_S . We always recommend calling customer services, but you can also use social media.

If you are pay monthly, call 202 from your o2 phone (4445 on pay as you go) or 0800 032 1402 from a landline (or use Skype to call Guide: A Guide to Skype ).

Links to social media:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

And finally the community guide on porting/migrating a number:

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 15

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've lost track of the number of times I've called CS, it's generally a complete waste of time. Port will be complete tomorrow, oh did we say tomorrow, we meant the next day by 6pm, oh not 6pm UK, 6pm somewhere random, no we meant midnight. Really wish I'd stayed with Three.

Message 4 of 15

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Have you tried using social media @Janine_S ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 15

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same, told me I could activate iMessage when SMS are still being delivered to my old Three sim. They had no idea how iMessage activation works, after that they ignored me.

Message 6 of 15

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

OK, time to break out the big guns then!

Can you see if you can untangle this mess please @O2Ryan ?

Watch out for a message on the community @Janine_S - it will show as a red number in front of/next to the envelope icon in the top right of the screen.

Message 7 of 15

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried that too, still not working properly. Been with O2 for 27 days now. 

Message 8 of 15

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Ah. Didn't realise that you had already been struggling in this thread as well @Janine_S .

I've asked one of the community managers if there is something else we can try as you are not really getting the help you should...

Message 9 of 15

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Can you see if you can help please @O2Sarah- ? @O2Emma has been on the case before but sounds like there is still an issue. Thanks!

Message 10 of 15