Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The issue is they said they’d message and didn’t leaving me in split port limbo for another week. 

Message 221 of 271

BenM
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am having the same problem.  I transferred 4 numbers from EE to O2 a week ago, iMessage on one activated straight away.  The second activated 2 days later, but 2 still have not activated and keep failing.  I have spoken to Apple and they have confirmed everything is set up correctly their side and something about international messaging (but that could be a red herring).  Can someone please contact me and help get this sorted?

Thanks

Message 222 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37277 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@BenM wrote:

Hi

I am having the same problem.  I transferred 4 numbers from EE to O2 a week ago, iMessage on one activated straight away.  The second activated 2 days later, but 2 still have not activated and keep failing.  I have spoken to Apple and they have confirmed everything is set up correctly their side and something about international messaging (but that could be a red herring).  Can someone please contact me and help get this sorted?

Thanks

@O2Ryan is on this morning, @BenM  and @Janine_S - keep an eye out for a message here from him soon.

Message 223 of 271

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 224 of 271

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's another day for me then in split port limbo.

Message 225 of 271

pgn
  • 37277 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Janine_S wrote:

That's another day for me then in split port limbo.

@O2Ryan is on again from 8am tomorrow morning, @Janine_S - no more advisors today, short shifts due to the May Day Bank Holiday.

Message 226 of 271

BenM
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Ryan 

you asked for my number in a PM which I provided straight away and they heard no more.  Any help would be greatly appreciated if someone can contact me tomorrow on the number I gave. 

Message 227 of 271

pgn
  • 37277 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

As I mentioned above:

@O2Ryan is on again from 8am tomorrow morning, @BenM  - no more advisors today, short shifts due to the May Day Bank Holiday.

Forum O2 Advisors typically communicate via Private Message here on the forum, please note.

Message 228 of 271

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Which I understand but it would be nice if one of these advisors actually took ownership of the issue rather than leaving me guessing as to what is going on. Three weeks in split port limbo is simply not acceptable.

Message 229 of 271

pgn
  • 37277 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Shift rotas and ownership are always a challenge, @Janine_S - you do see handovers from outgoing to incoming advisor at times. If you want continuity, albeit slow, private or direct messages to the Social Media Team seems the way to go - links are all on the page linked just below this post (for both VM and O2) if you feel up to it.

Message 230 of 271