Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal after maintenance

SimonAd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The signal in out village went down last Thursday with no notification. Vodafone users had the same issue. Checking the O2 site it said that this was maintenance work that would be completed by Friday evening. Over the weekend we started getting an occasional very weak signal, whereas before it had been 4G with at least 2-3 bars. However the O2 app said that everything was working fine. I’ve now reported the issue multiple times, but nothing happens (other than a message saying “O2 Warning: Hi, we've had multiple attempts to access your O2 mobile account through our contact centers. If you didn't call us then please contact O2 so we can protect your account. Thanks”). 

So on Monday I called O2 and was told everything is fine!  After explaining the situation (affecting residents and people working here), she said she would hand it to the engineers, and that they would contact me. I’ve heard nothing since.

Does this just mean that O2 and Vodafone have degraded their service here, or maybe changed the mast so that this is the new normal? Is my only option to cancel my contract and move to EE or Three who are still working fine?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@SimonAd 

No one here can possibly know the answer, sorry.

If rebooting your phone doesn't help, keep reporting it to O2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

SimonAd
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s clearly not my phone if you read my post.

Okay I’ll just have to cancel my O2 contract and move to EE or Three. I don’t see how O2 can complain about a breach of contract if they have stopped providing a service.

Message 3 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23211 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@SimonAd If you cancel your contract and are still within the minimum term you will be charged for the remaining time left. Read your Terms & Conditions.

Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6787 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

@SimonAd Suprisingly they don't have to supply you with a service as per the terms and conditions your signed on opening the contract.

Do Vodafone users still have a problem

Sound like the mast is owned by Cornerstone and not directly by O2.

If you have wifi at home use WiFi Calling 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Whatever 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@SimonAd wrote:

It’s clearly not my phone if you read my post.

Okay I’ll just have to cancel my O2 contract and move to EE or Three. I don’t see how O2 can complain about a breach of contract if they have stopped providing a service.

I never said it was your "phone"

I suggested rebooting to refresh the network connection, that's all.

Be as grumpy as you like here but as customers like yourself, we can do nothing more for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

SimonAd
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That seems crazy. Like going to a restaurant and order some food, and they don’t bring you any food but do bring the bill!

Yes Vodafone users have exactly the same problem.

Message 7 of 18

SimonAd
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies - my frustration is with O2.

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

Understood mate 👍

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 95 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Sound like the mast is owned by Cornerstone and not directly by O2.

All VF & O2 sites are operated through Cornerstone, which maintain the passive assets - towers & non-active equipment. The active radio equipment is generally operated by each MNO independently - in the same vein as MBNL sites host VF &/or O2 kit, CTIL sites can host EE &/or 3 equipment.

Network faults should be reported to the operator in question via the usual routes. It's naturally correct to state that all networks' T&Cs allow for maintenance & service-affecting faults - no-one guarantees a 24/7/365 fault-free service in any given location.

Message 10 of 18