Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 app not working

JessHusher
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am trying to log in to my o2 app and it’s not letting me it keeps saying it’s not available for me yet and if it hasn’t canned in 48 hrs to contact someone but I have had this app for over a year and it’s been fine now I suddenly can’t log into it 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36275 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

The app is known to be buggy at times, but you should be able to login to MyO2 using any browser at https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

If browser login works, uninstall the app from your handset, reboot and reinstall, see if that helps.

It is possible you are being moved from the Legacy to the new 360 billing system - both app and browser versions go a bit wonky for a day or two after that. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/360-here-I-come/m-p/1669853/highlight/true#M280957

If no joy tomorrow, reach out to O2 via Social Media using the link just below for help, @JessHusher. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Ant-Y
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It looks like o2 have recently carried out a migration of their billing systems. During this migration they have not successfully moved over customer accounts details properly.

What this means is, the current email address + any other details you're using has not been migrated over to there new system correctly at all and you will need to call o2 to resolve this.

They will ask you to use a new email address moving forward as they apparently couldn't migrate over your old email address from the old system. This is a complete IT failure on their part for whoever is managing that migration project.

Following getting a new email address sorted, the next step is to go through account activation and verification. They will send you an activation email to your new email address and proceeding that, they will get you to verify KBA. This process is tedious and buggy. I'm currently on the phone to them as they cannot verify my direct debit details which I have been using. Leading to longer wait times and the person on the phone seeking technical help.

This is absolutely appalling from o2 business / IT development teams how can they roll out this new system live to customers in this state?!

Message 3 of 5

Nick26
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue, although was told they would fix in 30 days or something. I'm not creating a new email just for O2 😡 considering cancelling after 20 years as customer service is just through social media or 202, but this problem is a wider problem and they haven't been open or honest about it, nor have they fixed it.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions