Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a PAC code when mobile is broken

SF29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello - so I need to get my PAC code as moving to a new provider.

However my mobile screen is completely smashed so I cannot view messages & am being told that the only way O2 can send me my PAC is via text? This seems ridiculous as so many people must have this issue!

Can anyone advise a way round this please?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@SF29 

Guide here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Customer services will also read out your pac if you call them

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@SF29 

Guide here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Customer services will also read out your pac if you call them

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

SF29
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I have spent over an hour on the phone to Customer Service & they are insisting they cannot give me the PAC code over the phone or by any other means than text message.

If I access my O2 account online & try it that way - it again just asks me for a security code sent by text - which again I cant access!

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23211 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@SF29 Try customer service again. I know it's a pain to wait on hold, but maybe you'll get someone with a working brain cell who can read you your PAC, which they can definitely do.

Alternatively, put your sim in an old phone, if you have one, or ask a friend if you can temporarily put your sim in their phone to get the code, if you keep running into customer service incompetence.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@SF29 wrote:

Thanks - I have spent over an hour on the phone to Customer Service & they are insisting they cannot give me the PAC code over the phone or by any other means than text message.

Complete rubbish @SF29 but no surprise these days sadly.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

SF29
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both - so I called customer service again, mentioned that there was a legal requirement from Ofcom for them to provide my PAC when I request & she just read it out to me there & then, no questions asked! Good advice to call back & try someone different - thank you slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23211 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Glad to hear you were able to get this resolved, @SF29. Sad to say, but O2 customer service has been very much lacking for some time now. I hope whichever provider you're going to can do better for you, but I think they're all probably much of a muchness these days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

Good news @SF29 👍

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8