Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM setup Error Code 14

DavidWilliams
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have just bought an Apple Watch 8 direct from Apple. I already have a pay monthly account with o2 that is linked to my iPhone 13 Pro Max.
I’ve been through the set up of the watch, pairing it with the phone and everything is fine - apart from the last bit which is ‘set up mobile data’. At this point all I keep getting is ‘Oops - something went wrong contact o2 and quote error code 14’.

I have noticed that this issue has been raised a lot before but with private reply’s so can’t tell how to resolve the issue.
It seems that it’s a ‘eSIM reset’ that is required and needs to be performed by an o2 customer service member.

I have spent 2 days calling 202 trying to get this issue sorted and with no luck, every one I speak to says something different and when I say it needs and eSIM reset I get told there is no such thing or you can’t reset eSIM and i am going round and round in circles.

2 days I have been trying.

can someone who knows what to do please help, I am at my whits end with trying to get this sorted.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@DavidWilliams did you have an Apple Watch previously to this one? If you did, did you remove the data plan from this Watch?

Message 11 of 17

Vit
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No it’s my first watch 

Message 12 of 17

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good Morning @Vit 

I will send you a private message so I can check your account.

Message 13 of 17

Vit
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @O2Sarah- you are truly amazing Thanks for sorting this for me

Message 14 of 17

DannyBrooks
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too need some help setting up an esim for an Apple Watch 8.

Getting reference 14 error when trying to add a data service on to the watch.

Message 15 of 17

Robmk85
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could you please inbox me as I’m currently on 14 hours on phone to customer service and nearly a month since purchase date end still nobody has been able to resolve it for me 

Message 16 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36557 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Note O2's opening hours are changed as a result of the December festive season, @Robmk85 - you won't get to talk to anyone until after 10am today, 26-Dec, info down the middle of this page: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Screenshot_20221226-064253.png

Message 17 of 17