Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Code 106

Robins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Trying to add mobile data to my Apple watch from the iphone watch app and I get the error below - code 106.

Sales have a set up SIM on my account but I can’t link it to my watch. I see others have had this issue. Is there a known fix?

“Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 106”

Already has taken 3 hours on the phone to O2 to get to this stage, at one point I was passed on to Apple! Seems a hard process so hope it is worth it. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

danielmking
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No fix for me after being told 5 day on 31st March. I too ported from Tesco. I switched to o2 so I could use data on my Apple Watch!!! Wasn’t expecting this much hassle…

Message 11 of 43

Buz52
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No fix to date. Get a text every few weeks saying still looking into issue. Was called a few weeks ago to say they had fixed it and wanted to reset everything. 2 mins into call the advisor said fix wasn’t working and would have to refer back to tech department. Will most likely move to another provider when my contract ends in a few months as have lost all confidence in o2

Message 12 of 43

Robins
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @danielmking  I’m the same. Ported to get a watch but been a bit of a setback. 

Message 13 of 43

Robins
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Buz52, it is frustrating. I know this is not an issue for a fresh SIM from O2 so not sure if the problem is some setting Tesco enabled. It might move with you to another supplier but if you do try it would be really interested to know how you get on.  If it works I’ll be doing the same. 

Message 14 of 43

Jen784
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still not working.  The reason I bought an Apple Watch was to be able to leave my phone at home, so my watch is sat doing nothing. Still get random texts to say they’re working on it but that’s it. I moved 4 contacts from Tesco and o2 messed 2 of them up completely, no service for over 2 weeks and no compensation.  

Message 15 of 43

Robins
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Jen784 , likewise looking forward to going out without my phone occasionally. I’ve only had the issue a few weeks but I can see posts going back to November which suggests it is not getting enough focus. Perhaps 20 of us on one chat will help highlight the issue. I would guess a lot more than this are affected but have not taken to O2 community pages yet. 

Message 16 of 43

Hn1979
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I ported from Tesco, ended up with a load of issues. watch still just a watch

Message 17 of 43

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123642 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Hn1979 @Robins @Jen784 @Buz52 

I'll tag @O2Sarah- (an account advisor) to this thread. She's on at 8am and hopefully will be able to help

Watch out for a private message from her. (Envelope icon top right of page.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 43

Robins
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff

we’re all needing a timescale and some reassurance that this issue has proper focus. Some have been waiting 5 months for resolution and will be wondering whether it is easier to switch provider. 

Message 19 of 43

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123642 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@Robins 

I understand but as a customer like yourself, I can only refer you to a member of O2 staff who may be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 43