cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could someone please advice o2 sim replacement issues with o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

my fone was recently stolen and i lost my number which i have had for years. i went onto online chat to request another sim if it was possible and the guy said he would have it sent out, its been over a week and it hasn't arrived yet. i have just asked online chat guy again and they require an alternative number which i dont have as it was the only fone i had. they require numbers which i sued frequently and i can only just about remember 2 vaguely and its seems like such a difficult task to get a sim replaced. o2 have so let me down and far too slow on their service. is there another way or could request a pac code and shift somewhere else

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Just go into a store and get a new sim. If you have a replacement phone they will put the sim in and activate it for you. As long as you know the old phone number they will transfer that across too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Just go into a store and get a new sim. If you have a replacement phone they will put the sim in and activate it for you. As long as you know the old phone number they will transfer that across too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone was stolen too, I requested same number and new sim, which arrived but now I can't activate it and cannot find a section in support that tells me how to do it! Been without a phone for over a week now and desperately need to get going again! Any ideas how to activate the new sim???

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 145064 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Call 202 for contract or 4445 for PAYG

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks thats brilliant! didnt know they could do that instore! thanks again

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

im sorry sweets i have no idea why your sim isnt activating, but i'm taking my phone down to my store and let them do the hard work. ;)- hope you manage to sort yours out, i have been without a sim and phone for a week too but JUST got a phone about an half  an hour ago! (yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) just going to store tomorrow and sort it once and for all.

Message 7 of 7