cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade date suddenly changed??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so a short history…I joined O2 on 19th May (SIM Only £14.99 a month 30GB data 24M). And received my sim a few days later. I was under the impression I could upgrade to a device after 3 months and true enough when I logged into O2 on 22nd May it said I could upgrade to a new sim only plan straight away OR upgrade to a device in 2 months and 28 days time. When I logged in this morning it is now saying upgrade to a new sim only plan straight away OR upgrade to a device in 5 months and 19 days time. Why the sudden change? The only change between joining O2 and today is I’ve paid my first bill (a good change surely?) yet they’ve pushed my upgrade date back by 3 months? Is this some sort of elaborate scam to get you to join, carry out your 14 day probationary period then screw you over?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be a coincidence because O2Emma didn’t exactly fix my issue but instead claimed that her system disagreed with what I was being shown. I asked her how exactly? And she didn’t reply. But…I logged in today and the upgrade date is now showing as 2 months and 17 days. So it seems to have gone back to what it was originally.

Message 11 of 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36675 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions

The O2 app can be a bit temperamental betimes, @Anonymous - you used to be able to find upgrade cost and date by texting "INFO" to 85075 (free). 

Message 12 of 16

Robbie331996
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This has just happened to me too! 29 days til upgrade to handset 2 days ago, yet today it says 3 months and 28 days! Tried calling they have no idea and insist it’s always been 6 months despite me having proof it wasn’t! Never paid late, my credit score remains the same too.

Message 13 of 16

Robbie331996
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@O2Emma can you check mine too?

Message 14 of 16

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6841 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

I'm afraid all the Advisors like Emma were removed from the Community in July

Afraid it's contacting O2 and seeing if you can get ant sense out of them

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36675 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions