cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised upgrade when asking for pac code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two days ago I asked O2's web chat staff for a pac code. They kept trying to sell a new contract so the chat took 1.5 hours! I declined all offers and eventually got the code. 

Yesterday I saw on my account that O2 had renewed my contract without permission. I asked web chat staff to remove the upgrade and to log a complaint that this had happened. They said the upgrade would be removed from my account within 24 hours. This has not happened. They also said they would log my complaint but then refused and said I should refer to the O2 complaints webpage - which says that web chat staff can receive complaints. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, which took 1/2 hour, who also refused to log my complaint. The whole web chat took 2.5 hours and actually did nothing. They did not correct the upgrade nor log my complaint. 

It is apparently very easy for staff to collect commissions on upgrades which are not needed and not agreed. It is apparently very hard to correct this malpractice. I see on reviews of O2 that this problem has remained unresolved for a long time, 

http://www.s21.com/o2.htm Perhaps this type of fraud continues to be tolerated by O2 as they benefit from locking in customers who don't use the pac code in time?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
So in summary, a complaint isn't a complaint no matter how many people you complain to unless one of them is compliant in acknowledging the complainant has a complaint worthy of logging whilst the third party may or may not investigate the complainant's complaint dependant on it not being Monday morning, Friday night or weekend and when they are considering the complaint they don't feel the need to rectify out and out fraud. Simples!
Message 31 of 56

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Yup slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 32 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
So in summary, a complaint isn't a complaint no matter how many people you complain to unless one of them is compliant in acknowledging the complainant has a complaint worthy of logging whilst the third party may or may not investigate the complainant's complaint dependant on it not being Monday morning, Friday night or weekend and when they are considering the complaint they don't feel the need to rectify out and out fraud. Simples!

Damn good summary @jonsie LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @adamtemp64 they're now following on twitter. 

Thanks @bluescreener I have the chat logs so can prove I never agreed to the contract renewal and staff+supervisor both refused to log my complaint.

Yes @jonsie a complaint isn't a complaint at O2, just 'feedback'. A complaint review is a complaint, although their 'full response' resolved nothing at all. The dodgy upgrade is still in place. Customers can still get strung up on surprise upgrades. Complaints can still get binned while staff repeatedly agree I was right and say everything is being sorted out. 

They need a complaint review review process?

Message 34 of 56

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
They have, it's the Ombudsman.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 35 of 56

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They do as long as it is done in-house. The complaint review service is supposed to be totally independent and I fail to see how Capita can be remotely independent when most of customer service is now done via part time employees who are used on a 'as they are needed' basis.

Message 36 of 56

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous glad to help even though they should have not needed my tweet

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 37 of 56

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Tmost of customer service is now done via part time employees who are used on a 'as they are needed' basis.

@jonsieYou mean they are on zero-hours contracts? Then it's a case of those who get the positive results gets the hours next week...  😞

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 38 of 56

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this experience! Please feel free to send me a PM and we'll see what we can do to sort it out. I'm Toby, the Community Head

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 39 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby, done.

Message 40 of 56