cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove settled 'Default' on credit file from O2, from 3 years ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All.

My partner had an old O2 contract from several years ago.

She had a few issues with her account and ended up having a Default placed on her credit file from O2.

This Default and debt was eventually sorted and paid in full 3 years ago an dwe thought nothing else of it.

We have now come to apply for a mortgage and this default is still on her account (albeit 'Settled').

But as the default is still shown, we now cannot continue with our mortgage application.

We are hoping to get in touch with the correct team at O2 so we can sort this Default out and hopefully have it removed.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for who can help us with this issue?

Regards

Adam.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Customer services should be able to pass this to the credit department for you, the numbers are in "Contact us" at the foot of the page.

You could write in if you prefer:

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Customer services should be able to pass this to the credit department for you, the numbers are in "Contact us" at the foot of the page.

You could write in if you prefer:

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would need to speak to somewhere like experian also to see if they will remove the default mark with o2's ok.

It normally takes approximately 6 years to have a default notice removed if I remember correctly tho.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Experian can only provide the reports on your credit. They cannot remove anything from the report, it is up to you to contact the company who applied the Default in order to get it removed.
I had a default on my account from Vodafone for £19 which was also stopping this mortgage application.
They kindly removed the default for me today and it was updated quickly on Experian.
We just need to see if O2 can do the same for my partners credit file and then we can complete on our first mortgage.
Such small things on your credit don't half make a HUGE problem for applying for a mortgage.

You are correct that a Default will auto come off your credit account after 6 years, but this means no mortgage for another 3 years.
We have already started the application, we have an offer accepted and everything in place...
I have now emailed the credit team @ O2 to see if they can assist me with my issue.
I have had an auto reply, so I'm hoping this can be sorted soon!
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck hope you get it sorted
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam.

I did think a person would have to speak both to the credit reference agency and O2. Learning curve slight_smile

I'm sure once you've spoken to that right person the mark will be removed.

Do let us know how you get on and take care.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll have to see what O2's credit section says.
I'm pretty sure thy can fix it for us as Vodafones credit team a managed to sort my default out in my credit.
I've read a few posts on here who managed to get it removed.
Fingers crossed slight_smile
Thanks for help guys!
Appreciate the comments.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Fingers crissed
Message 9 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll have to see what O2's credit section says.

Thanks for help guys!
Appreciate the comments.

Let us know how you get on after you've had a word.

Message 10 of 15