cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keep number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have requested on Monday to keep my number from another network (Giffgaff) I filled in everything and its Wednesday and I haven't recieved a text. When would they be finished with the transfer? Also when should I put my new sim in. Lastly, what does mobile number and o2 number mean whats the difference?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you have received your PAC from giffgaff and given it to O2 you do need to call customer service. The form could have gone astray or overlooked.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have requested on Monday to keep my number from another network (Giffgaff) I filled in everything and its Wednesday and I haven't recieved a text. When would they be finished with the transfer? Also when should I put my new sim in. Lastly, what does mobile number and o2 number mean whats the difference?

Your old sim should stop working IE no signal & your new sim should work then but keep rebooting the phone with the new sim on & off until you get signal, mobile number is your mobile phone number 

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144617 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Call CS on the landline number on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and talk through the PAC process with them.
They will take your details and sort it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous is this the form /link you followed to keep your number?

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is.
Message 5 of 13

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Give GiffGaff another shout for your PAC code as they can usually generate them almost immediately (providing your account is in good order).

The transfers are now quite fast so O2 should have the number within a few days max.

In the meantime you will be able to use your O2 SIM but with a temporary number
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123072 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes it is.

Then it's gone on far too long. You need to contact CS, as said above, to get this sorted...

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you have received your PAC from giffgaff and given it to O2 you do need to call customer service. The form could have gone astray or overlooked.

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144617 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Confused

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you gain levels in community?
Message 10 of 13