Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are charging me twice

Chelsea_jones_8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

back in February my phone broke so I went to o2 to see if I could sort it, I ended up taking out a new contract because I didn’t have the money to pay off the broken phone which would’ve been paid off come June. I was told to call up and get my current number put on the new contract so I didn’t lose my number. I was told give it 24hours and that’ll be done. Come September I see I’m being charged £60 for the new phone/airtime and still £43 for my old contract. Iv spoken to o2 multiple times and its still not been sorted even after them saying it will be just to give it 3-5 days and il be refunded for 3 x £43 that I was charged for July/august/September I was even advised to cancel my £43 direct debit. I’m now being sent messages that my bill is overdue and il be charged a late fee and soon to be cut off and it’ll go on my credit. After spending almost an hour trying to get through to customer service and be passed from person to person I now can’t get to customer service at all it just takes me straight to an automated payment department. I’m fed up and stressed with it all and don’t know what to do 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to contact O2 and get them to migrate the number from your original contract

That would then close the account leaving the new one in place

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Otherwise you need to  cancel the account with any fees due to be paid

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to contact O2 and get them to migrate the number from your original contract

That would then close the account leaving the new one in place

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Otherwise you need to  cancel the account with any fees due to be paid

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6351 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Chelsea_jones_8 

If you follow the advice of @jonsie but are unable to resolve your problem, I would be inclined to consider making a complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In the former link, please see the section headed Resolver. Some members of this forum have reported that Resolver has facilitated a satisfactory outcome to their problems.   

Message 3 of 5

EERools
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I sympathise with you 100%......I`m suffering the same issue. Guess that`s what happens when you take a call centre out of the country (UK) and prohibit direct contact with a person on the phone!?......foreign call centre workers have poor understanding of spoken english!.....Even the Ombudsman can only direct you with contact numbers that the have, which unsurprisingly direct you to O2 payment lines!!......Nothing else.....Pathetic service.

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6351 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@EERools 

Agree fully. O2's Customer Services seem to be overwhelmed.  

Message 5 of 5