Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number change

dpmcd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just bought a new (Samsung) phone from a 3rd party site with o2 contract. I am an existing o2 customer and I'm looking to keep my phone number and change it to my new contract. o2 are telling me they cannot change the number. Has anyone else been told this? Is there anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10423 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3054 Solutions

@dpmcd 

You will need to pay off any outstanding balances on the old contract and device plan, before you are able to do this.

Have a look at this guide here on how to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10423 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3054 Solutions

@dpmcd 

You will need to pay off any outstanding balances on the old contract and device plan, before you are able to do this.

Have a look at this guide here on how to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12224 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

Rubbish @dpmcd 

Once you get the new phone, call up customer services and ask them to migrate the number from the old sim to the new one - this cancels the old account.

Only sticking point would be that the old account needs to be paid off, ie no balance on any device plan.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3