cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer charging policy and credit check

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this subject.
I purchased a phone last night on contract,received all the documents etc but have been charged nearly £30 upfront already and don't know if I've even passed credit check!
Is this normal practice because I don't know any other provider that does this without telling you you've passed or been declined for the contract?
Appearantly my order is under review so when will I find out if I'm successful and if not how do I get my money back?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Your money is held in escrow until you are either accepted or declined.
If accepted, o2 call the money but if declined it will reappear as cleared funds in your bank after 2-3 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Your money is held in escrow until you are either accepted or declined.
If accepted, o2 call the money but if declined it will reappear as cleared funds in your bank after 2-3 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous thanks for the swift reply,was a bit concerned last night when I discovered that money had been"taken" but no idea if I've actually got the goods,seems a strange way to conduct business to me lol
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
A lot of things about O2 are "strange" mate wink

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous lol have you any idea how long this process usually takes?
And yes it seems strange that I have all these documents,order confirmation etc but no idea if I actually HAVE the goods or contract as any other network tells you straight away?
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 145058 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Maybe 1 or 2 days for the credit referrals team to decide.
You can chase it up with customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous thanks mate,did everything you said and they said everything looks good at their end so my new one plus should be out to store shortly
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Then of course, you have to hope that the device you ordered is actually in stock. I would certainly be contacting customer services sooner rather than later....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a funny feeling that we know what the answer will be about the stock
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff hence why I went for the one plus,more niche I'd say so more chance of getting it
Message 10 of 17