Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing credit

jennysue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a new phone independently in July, and added to a long standing SIM only contract. 

The first month, I used a COLOSSAL amount of data, which I think was mainly downloading all the apps I had on my old device. 
I topped up close to the end of the month - a very bad idea as I will explain.  Data rolls over through two billing cycles, but depending when you do your top up can be good or bad. 

The minimum data top up is FAR more than I usually use as I can almost always find a hot spot (I am with BT) or coffee shop/pub wifi etc. So mobile data is generally only used for things like Google maps when travelling.
O2 need to change their top up data usage policy to be a number of days, NOT billing cycles. You should be given at least 62 days to use your top up data which would be equivalent to two full billing cycles. As I topped up so close to the next billing date, I only got 32 days to use my data which was far too little. 
It may be in the T&C for top ups but as i pointed out to O2, you cannot enforce an unfair contract - basis of British law! 

When I spoke on chat yesterday and complained about this, the operator offered me a £4 credit which I accepted. Today there was no credit on my bill. So I got back on chat and was offered a further £10 credit - as of this minute it STILL does not appear. I've been told to give it 24 hours, I have both chat ref numbers and operator names. I also have the transcript of the second chat in an email and a text message confirming the credit although it doesn't say how much.I 
As of this moment, I am REALLY not impressed with O2 and if my credit doesn't appear tomorrow, I will be escalating the complaint. I've been with them since they were Cellnet and have bought 7 phones through them over the years as technology has advanced, this is not the way to treat loyal customers.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
I can clearly see that you are unhappy, however, I don’t make the rules and am just letting you know how credits are applied and when they appear on your bill.
You always have the option of registering a complaint if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
I'm not convinced your reasoning would stand up in a court of law but you got a credit anyway, so all good.
However, credits don't show on bills until your next bill is produced so it won't show in your MyO2 until then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

jennysue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So why are chat operators telling customers to look for credits the same day - and why  WOULDN'T credits show up as a 'negative' recent charge?  Not very logical

Based on my billing date, I will now have to wait for nearly a month to find out if these credits were actually applied which isn't satisfactory either. O2 are probably hoping that I will forget.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
I can clearly see that you are unhappy, however, I don’t make the rules and am just letting you know how credits are applied and when they appear on your bill.
You always have the option of registering a complaint if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4