Did you mean: 

Just signed up for eSIM online

Ndita93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have just switched to o2 from Vodafone, did it all online through the o2 website. I selected 'eSIM' and it just tells me to download my new eSIM... but doesn't say where from? My partner said his was downloadable as soon as he put the order on, but I've been given no such information? I have trawled my contract details but nothing there about it, nor my new number.

The app won't let me sign in to it saying it takes 48 hours to set up new customers.

Am I missing something? Why was my partner instant (and Google seems to be saying everyone else is) whereas I have no way of downloading it? There is no QR code because it was all online, and the phone number did show on screen for my order but once I confirmed it, the order confirmation screen didn't give me any more information and no way to activate it. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144542 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Ndita93 

Check your emails for your phone number.

If you need further help, contact O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Ndita93
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

They haven't sent me an email with the number. Just sent me the details of the contract. My o2 won't let me sign in and the AI chatbot can't help because I don't have the number. Seems I'll have to wait until morning when they're open.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144542 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

8.00am is a good time to try @Ndita93 

You can message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Ndita93
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks @MI5 for responding

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144542 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

Good luck @Ndita93 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6