Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard search Nonsense

MCW14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

opened up 2 personal accounts with o2 (SIM only, 1 for myself one for my wife) in the last 2 weeks. I now find my credit score has been reduced following a hard search by 02.

Adding insult to injury the 2 numbers I have now were pulled across from an o2 business account which I held for nearly 2 decades with 4 phones at one point with no arrears, defaults or other issues

Decided to stay with o2 to keep it simple....porting the old numbers was a 2 week farce ..Not very happy so looking for someone to strike ridiculous entry on my credit report.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6643 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

My O2 Hard Search from April has come off my report 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27722 Solutions

@MCW14 

Credit score is a nonsense anyway and means very little.

The searches will drop off after a month and normality will be resumed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10216 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@MCW14 

This is correct, you will have been hard searched as an individual on the new contracts, whereas the business will have been credit searched in the past...  And also your payment history is as a business and not as an individual so means nothing....

This is the downside of moving from Business to Personal Contracts

These wont fall off for 2 years on your credit file..

O2 wont remove the entries as they are correct.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6643 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

My O2 Hard Search from April has come off my report 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

GordonJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too went through 9days of no phone or sim. Had 2 aims, one payasugo other monthly. Tried migrating to my old number they cut both sims off, I had to purchase another just to talk to them. Now I'm confused with this pay mo they. It says pay bill now, I click n pay, couple hours later 02 take it out again, so I paid twice. I couldn't get money back till it showed on balance for next month, what's point, just keep for next bill. Now it says it again, I'm not paying twice again and no one in live chat seems to give me a straight yes or no answer.

Message 5 of 5