Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit search

margk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd like to know why there was a hard search on my credit file, I had been a virgin customer for years and a hard search was never made, My credit score has dropped 116 points from a perfect 1000 out of 1000.

Please explain ...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@margk 

It's at O2's discretion.

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

margk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I don't do all that social media stuff, except whatsapp

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Call the numbers given then @margk 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6792 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

It seems things have tightened up recently. 

Last time I had a hard search it disappeared after 6 months.

Credit scores mean nothing, they are just to sell you things. Companies tend to go on affordability checks amongst other things

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

It appears O2 now credit check for upgrades @margk so that might be why?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6332 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@margk 

>>I'd like to know why there was a hard search on my credit file.......

I suspect that O2 are using a computer-based risk profiling tool in order to decide which customers need to be credit-checked and which do not. This is fairly standard in any business offering credit or financial services.

The problem is that businesses are always concerned about folks who might try to "trick" or manipulate the system. Hence, they will never give details of the tests that they run and what will or will not trigger a formal credit check. It is all very opaque and that is the way that the likes of O2 want it to be.

In summary, you will not get an answer to that question. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

As I said, it's at O2's discretion.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8