cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT LINK YOUR O2 ACCOUNTS!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

After linking 3 pay as you go accounts with my main O2 pay monthly contract acount.

I have disposed of / sold on 2 of the pay as you go phones along with there sims and numbers.

I am now told by O2 customer service that it is impossible to unlink the acounts, and I am now concerned

about the implications of this for the sercurity of my account and the new owners!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not tried but I think that if they was to set up an auto topup I might even be able to gain access to there bank details!!

I cant believe its not possible to break the link between what were once completely seperate phone accounts.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
How would the new owners know your log in details?
You need more than just a phone number to access your account or else anyone could do it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct they do not have access to my account directly, but if they gain access to the account of the phone they are in possession off, that account is linked to my account. In the same way as I can log into my account online click on there phone number because it is listed and linked to my account and I can see when they topped up and by how much and go through all there call history if I want!

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not tried but I think that if they was to set up an auto topup I might even be able to gain access to there bank details!!

I cant believe its not possible to break the link between what were once completely seperate phone accounts.

Message 4 of 6

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I am sure it is possible to unlink accounts though, it certainly was in the past as I had to unlink the Broadband account from my other linked accounts. IIRC it was done through MyO2. It was not without repercussions but since these mainly involved the email accounts would not apply in your case.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok now resolved, after ringing them rather than on line chatting, the guy said again 'no the accounts can't be unlinked, would you like to make a complaint?' To which I said yes! Two days later I got a phone call from the complaints department who said they would attempt to get the accounts manually separated. Which after about 2 hours they did! Got there in the end.
Message 6 of 6