cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Direct Debit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm furious with O2. I got a new contract in store back in March because it was a good deal - ie an O2 staff added friends and family discount onto my account and today I received the 4th bill, discount still not added onto my account!!! I'm beyond furious right now.

Was a couple of times with O2 web chat as well as on the phone they kept saying it would be added now I feel like they lied to me just so I could sign up, O2 even texted me mid-April to say that the discount was added to my account two bills later still no discount!

I feel so furious that I want to cancel my direct debit, I am a uni student with perfect credit score (never defaulted on any contract, Internet, gym, phone etc), I don't want to get into this business of cancelling a direct debit for which I signed but I feel cheated, had it not been for the F&F discount, I would have never signed up! Original tariff was £32 and that should have come down to £22.40 with the discount.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Have you been back to the store where you were promised the F+F discount? The process back then was that the advisor would fill in a quick form and he/she would receive an email back within a week to say the discount had been successful, which would then be applied to your account on the second bill. However around late March/early April this process changed so that the advisor simply needed to text a code word to a specific O2 number to get the discount applied - your problem could simply be down to a system issue not processing the discount properly.

I would advise a trip to the store. Speak with the manager and show him the text you received from O2, if you can get the advisor to confirm they promised you the discount he may also be able to sort out a credit for you to cover the additional charges on your account. I would also ask that someone there contacts O2 retail support (you may have more luck getting them to sort it rather than relying on webchat)

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Have you been back to the store where you were promised the F+F discount? The process back then was that the advisor would fill in a quick form and he/she would receive an email back within a week to say the discount had been successful, which would then be applied to your account on the second bill. However around late March/early April this process changed so that the advisor simply needed to text a code word to a specific O2 number to get the discount applied - your problem could simply be down to a system issue not processing the discount properly.

I would advise a trip to the store. Speak with the manager and show him the text you received from O2, if you can get the advisor to confirm they promised you the discount he may also be able to sort out a credit for you to cover the additional charges on your account. I would also ask that someone there contacts O2 retail support (you may have more luck getting them to sort it rather than relying on webchat)

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the 02 Community Forum,

I fully understand your frustration and the advice already given is sound.

Please note cancelling your direct debit in protest could led to a default on your 02 account and be moved to a default on your credit file rendering future credit claims such as overdrafts, loans and mobile contracts very difficult to obtain.

I hope this is resolved for you promptly and you can get back to enjoying your phone.

Message 4 of 4