Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills

Ginette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can see that I am being charged for text messages to EU contries.

I was told that these are free.

Please can you let me know why I am being charged

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36198 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Texts from UK to EU countries, and from UK to any other country outside the UK, are all chargeable, as are calls.

Texts (and calls) from an EU country back to the UK or to another EU country when roaming are free, @Ginette - whoever told you that SMS from UK to any other country are free was in error.

Also MMS, when you send texts to any number with pictures or many emojis in the message are usually sent as MMS, and are always chargesbl: Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it

All about Roaming explained here:

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36198 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Texts from UK to EU countries, and from UK to any other country outside the UK, are all chargeable, as are calls.

Texts (and calls) from an EU country back to the UK or to another EU country when roaming are free, @Ginette - whoever told you that SMS from UK to any other country are free was in error.

Also MMS, when you send texts to any number with pictures or many emojis in the message are usually sent as MMS, and are always chargesbl: Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it

All about Roaming explained here:

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Another case of wrong advice, I'm sorry to say.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3