cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak to unworkable indoor signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,
I used to live in Richmond where the signal used to be spotty and bad. (indoors and outdoors)

But now I moved in to a different area of London where the signal is almost excellent outdoors (3G is always on and almost full reception bars on Iphone 5s)

HOWEVER, in the flat where I live the signal in my room is terrible. One to two bars at best (most of the times the signal is non existent and I cant take or make calls)

I have to lean over and hover near a window to get any reception.

Does O2 offer some kind of "indoor signal booster"? I really need one badly.

p.s- don't try to direct me to "network coverage checker" on their website. Because according to it EVERYWHERE the signal is "perfect" (indoors and outdoors) which we all know is lie. Never the less the best Mobile Carrier in UK slight_smile

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi VENOM7000 and Welcome to the Forum,

You be careful 'hovering' near that window !

Unfortunately some buildings/structures can affect network Signal.

You could think about changing Networks being a Payg Customer as you are not held to a contract ,and request your PAC Code to retain your number.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Try out alternative Networks first via their payg sim cards to ensure one of the others give you adequate signal where you live, work and commute.

If your phone is locked to O2 then you can get it unlocked for £15 T&c Apply.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Take care.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
if on a consumer tariff only tugo app
if on a business tarif boostbox.
both rely on a broadband signal.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on pay as you go O2 Unlimited tariff.
How can I order this service/device?
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi VENOM7000 and Welcome to the Forum,

You be careful 'hovering' near that window !

Unfortunately some buildings/structures can affect network Signal.

You could think about changing Networks being a Payg Customer as you are not held to a contract ,and request your PAC Code to retain your number.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Try out alternative Networks first via their payg sim cards to ensure one of the others give you adequate signal where you live, work and commute.

If your phone is locked to O2 then you can get it unlocked for £15 T&c Apply.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Take care.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
bandofbrothers: Lol its a good thing you dont work in O2. Suggesting such an easy transfer to the competition could get you fired. :DD

But OFC Im not going to transfer to a different carrier. I just came here like 2 months...
Vodafone is awful, Oragne & EE are expensive.

O2 has by far the best customer support and not to mention the only one that gives "lower call rates" to my country - Serbia.

Its just sucks that this is happening.
When Im in my room no signal. When Im just outside BOOM FULL BARS & 3G. slight_smile
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
bandofbrothers: Lol its a good thing you dont work in O2. Suggesting such an easy transfer to the competition could get you fired. :DD

But OFC Im not going to transfer to a different carrier. I just came here like 2 months...
Vodafone is awful, Oragne & EE are expensive.

O2 has by far the best customer support and not to mention the only one that gives "lower call rates" to my country - Serbia.

Its just sucks that this is happening.
When Im in my room no signal. When Im just outside BOOM FULL BARS & 3G. slight_smile

I use o2 because they give me strong signal where I am etc and supply a good tariff along with nice offers 

If they didn't then theirs not much call to stay using a network giving fringe coverage.

I just say it as it is wink

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I see where You're getting at completely. slight_smile

Its just that o2 does have the best coverage overall in London. (and I tried both EE and Orange and Vodafone)

In this case it must be some kind of interference in the building. Walls or otherwise.

I also hope that its also due to the transition with 4G and some maintenance that the signals are generally weak everywhere now.
And through time it will improve. :))
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait!! bandofbrothers

It says here you have Iphone 5s 16gb. Me too.

Hows the experience with signal overall?

For me sometimes the 3G disappears during phone call. And takes its sweet time to get back afterwards. (some times)
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait!! bandofbrothers

It says here you have Iphone 5s 16gb. Me too.

Hows the experience with signal overall?

For me sometimes the 3G disappears during phone call. And takes its sweet time to get back afterwards. (some times)

Hi,

Where I live both 3G and 4G are strong.

On making a call my 3G stays displayed during the outgoing call and therafter, then is replaced by my 4G indicator.

You could try : Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings and or make an appointment at your local apple store for the genius bar to run a diagnostic just to put your mind at rest !

Here is a snapshot of my 4G speeds.

speedtest wow.PNG

Message 10 of 17