Did you mean: 

Mobile signal poor

Howesego
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

We live in an area where the indoor signal is described as "patchy".  On my old phone I had three places indoors where I could always get a signal for calls.  Been given a new phone and cannot get a signal indoors anywhere, and actually have to go half a mile away to get one.  Main issue is that I am emergency call out for work calls which divert to my mobile.  (New phone is not one that O2 will support wi-fi calls for).  Any advice or help please as I am quite desperate!

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Most obvious would be a change of network but that would depend on yourself getting some free pay and go Sims online and checking the best coverage at home and the area you most use a phone.

Being pay and go let's you move straight away.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145031 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
If it's that important to you, switch back to old phone until you sort out some way to resolve the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Howesego Try reverting the phone to a 2g signal you may be lucky 

as as per the guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-may-help-E...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Howesego If you must be reached in an emergency at home, seems the obvious solution is to get a land line, if you don't already have one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5