cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariffs on O2 Website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I've been looking at the tariffs on the website and they only seem to be O2 refresh and 4G. Many other tariffs are shown on comparion sites and I am wondering if some are hidden away on the O2 site or they really only offer those two sets of tariffs now?

Any help appreciated.

Ross

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144689 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
O2 are only offering refresh now directly.
If you want O2 but not refresh you need to go somewhere who resells O2 contracts, such as CPW.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144689 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
O2 are only offering refresh now directly.
If you want O2 but not refresh you need to go somewhere who resells O2 contracts, such as CPW.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ross

Is their anything putting you off a Refresh option ?
Message 3 of 14

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous - If you find any 'hidden' tariffs then let me know lol tongue

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just that it seems more costly than deals anywhere else. I'm actually still in contract with about 6 months to go but want to buy out of it and get an HTC One M8. It's just that deals on that phone exist better elsewhere. I'm thinking about going through to retentions to see what they'll offer.
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144689 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Refresh is ideal for you in future then as you could just pay off what was left on your handset cost and change to a new phone whenever you wanted.
Currently you have to pay off the whole remaining contract costs.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that if i were on refresh now it would be advantageous but this is not typical for me. I damaged my S3 early in the contract and my old iPhone 4 (glad I kept it!) is starting to lag a bit. I've not before ever needed to cancel early and while no one ever plans to I'd rather not pay more for the chance.

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144689 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
That's absolutely fine Ross and Refresh will not suit everyone.
Carphonewarhouse may well be the best place for you to get what you need at the best price wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have iOS 7 on the iPhone 4 as that's been known to cause some lag for some.

If you need any tips to try and help with lag just ask.

Refresh has its advantages.

The only disadvantage is that one can sometimes end up paying a little more for the handset than if you bought it sim free.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not installed iOS7 as I am aware of issues but this means there are a fair few apps I can only use on my Ipad or just now not at all. I've considered waiting for the new iPhone but I've dabbled with an android phone before and fancy giving it another go.

Message 10 of 14