cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect vat refund email

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I receved an email saying "In response to an increase in VAT in the EU and currency changes, and as a result of last week's VAT-related price change, it has come to our attention that between Oct 2012 and Oct 2014 there was a system error which resulted in some of our customers paying the incorrect rate of VAT on some services.

This email had all my personal information, but asked me to follow a link to log into my account, has anyone else seen an email like this? The email looked legitimate, if anyone from O2 monitors this thread, please let me know how to report this.
Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Still waiting..........................

[bump]

Pregnant pause.....

Message 181 of 374

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

As it's well overdue and the waters have broken perhaps it needs to be induced ?

@Cleoriff can we have your expert opinion please ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 182 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

As it's well overdue and the waters have broken perhaps it needs to be induced ?

@Cleoriff can we have your expert opinion please ?

Certainly an induction is called for if the waters have broken. If they leave it too late then of course it puts the 'family' into great danger and causes major problems. These problems are often irreversible. I hope the obstetric analogy fits this scenario?.... Smiley Frustrated Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 183 of 374

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Spot on !............get yer forceps out just in case 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 184 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
Email sent to Ronan Dunne CEO O2 tonight. I will let you know the response. ..

Dear Mr Dunne

Over the last few weeks there have been thousands of instances where o2 customers have received "extremely convincing" emails from o2 (phishing emails actually on closer inspection).

O2 recently issued a response that they believed keyloggers in pc's were the issue.

More recently another wave of phishing emails have been circulating in their thousands contacting customers:.

Email address
Name
Phone number
Phone type
Phone serial number
PUK code

And various other details. IT experts have been looking into this and have totally rubbished the keylogger theory. Indeed on the o2 Community there are numerous threads on this subject.

It is clear that there has been a data breach either within o2 or an o2 partner. However o2 remain silent on this matter.

I understand that there is now national press interest in this story.

I am also extremely concerned that o2 have failed to protect data in line with ICO requirements.

Would you please advise as a matter of urgency what the situation is as if there has been a breach then I will immediately instruct cancellation services with o2.

Thank you
Message 185 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I am quite annoyed and concerned about all this if honest. There has been no other statement from O2 today. Yet outside the 'walls' of this forum..... various media sources are running this story.

So the fact it's out there and nothing from here, seems bad form to me...Smiley Mad....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 186 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given other comments tonight @Cleoriff perhaps I am wrong to refer a matter affecting thousands of customers of o2 to the CEO?
Message 187 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Given other comments tonight @Cleoriff perhaps I am wrong to refer a matter affecting thousands of customers of o2 to the CEO?

This is a major issue and a breach of security. A far more serious problem than any other we have seen lately

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 188 of 374

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well hopefully the CEO will get time to look at it in between emails regarding issues that have been resolved and "what's in a name". Another high quality thread relevant to o2
Message 189 of 374

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Cheers Piperdog, you fool!
now he won't get my email asking for McDonald's to be added to the £1 lunch priority app.
Message 190 of 374