cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a new pay monthly contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

My 24 month contract with O2 came to an end this week and so I ordered the new iPhone 6S from the Carphone Warehouse website (I had the 5S previously). The deal I got was part of their flash sale and wasn't available on the O2 upgrade tab, just the Pay Monthly tab. But now I'm not entirely sure how to go about cancelling my old contract (which should have finished now anyway) and transferring my number to this new phone.

I know you usually request a PAC code, but I'm not sure if my situation is different because I'm not moving networks, or even going from PAYG to Pay Monthly, I'm just going from one monthly contract to another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123322 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 123322 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look at this guide...it tells you all you need to know..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

If you want to keep your number

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions

Call o2 (202) and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract. This will generate a final bill for the old contract so you will have 2 bills to pay in the first month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3