cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: Get your PAC Code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: we have an updated guide on getting your PAC in the How-to Guides section, please see here. slight_smile

If you want to contact O2 about leaving or getting a PAC, you can also use the Social links below:

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Seen this a lot around the forum, so I thought I'd make a post on how to do it

Firstly, give O2 Customer Service a call on 4445 fron your O2 Mobile.
Select the option which is "Join or leave O2". Then in the next menu select the option "To leave O2".

Now, you will be put through to an advisor who will ask you for your name and phone number. Then ask them for your Port Authorisation Code. You will be asked for your security password if you have set one up with them. Don't worry if you havn't sent one up; if you don't have one then you will not need to give it to them.

You will be asked if you have a pen and paper ready to write the code down. Don't worry if you haven't because they post it out to you anyway. They will ask you for your name and address so they can post it to you.

O2 may ask for a reason for leaving and the Port Authorisation Code (PAC) is only valid from 30 days of issue. Provide your PAC code to another operator if you wish to keep your existing number from another network.

Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

THIS is why I am leaving O2

Tried all day (no word of a lie) via landline and mobile to get through to get my pac code.  No answer at all.......Bet they would be quick to answer if I wanted to upgrade......NOT HAPPY

Message 21 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m in the same boat. All I want is my PAC code.

And I'm sorry to say I've tried going via the Upgrade route and there is still no answer!

Don’t know what to do about it! They have me over a barrel!

Message 22 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
Link to Ofcom: Mobile phone customers have the right to take their mobile number with them when they switch to a new provider.

This is known as known as mobile number portability.

The process is simple. To port your number, you ask your current mobile provider for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) before your service is terminated.

You then give the PAC to your new mobile provider.

The only reasons why a provider can refuse to give a PAC are:

the number does not belong to the customer of the losing mobile provider
the account for that number has been terminated
the account holder has died
a PAC has already been issued and is still valid
the customer has not adequately proved that he or she is the legitimate account holder.

Your provider cannot refuse to issue a PAC if you have any outstanding bills or charges to pay.

These charges should be included in your final bill after the port has taken place. You should then settle them as agreed in your contract.

Use this letter template if you want to request a PAC code

Use this letter template if you have not received your PAC code
Message 23 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

... for what it's worth I too am finding it quite impossible to get O2 to give me my PAC code.  The guru service refuses to give it to me, Lucy the Online viretual Agent simply tells me what the definition of a PAC code is...

The nearest I've got is 0844 909 0222 : BUT, after selecting the 'leave O2/get your PAC code option' from within several menu layers....I was (of course) put on hold.  As I type this I hve been on hold for 30 minutes.  This is the third or fouth time I've tried.  It is of course made worse by the totally smug way the droid says '...welcome to O2, (blah blah blah)' at each menu option.

The best I can suggest is to folow the advice in the above reply and write to OFCOM and/Or refuse to pay your bill, and wait for them to take you to court (and then agree to pay at a rate of say, £5 per year...)

Whether O2 deliberately make getting a PAC code hard, or it is just ineptitude, I dont know, but it is outrageously bad customer service.  Never again!

Message 24 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to avoid paying the premium rate on the 087 or 084 numbers - I use saynoto0870.com and then 'search for an alternative number' and put in the 084 or 087 numbers and up comes a freephone (0800) version from their database. Just did it to phone my car insurers, about to do it for 02 too. Have a go.

Message 25 of 119

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In order to avoid paying the premium rate on the 087 or 084 numbers - I use saynoto0870.com and then 'search for an alternative number' and put in the 084 or 087 numbers and up comes a freephone (0800) version from their database. Just did it to phone my car insurers, about to do it for 02 too. Have a go.

I doubt you'll find one for O2 CS.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
0800 5874005 for pay monthly
0800 8400202 for payg

called pay monthly - got straight through - got pac code txt'd as soon as I hung up - 4 minutes tops
Message 27 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
same as the above - sooooo much quicker than the other numbers - thank you!
Message 28 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable

just dialed the pay monthky 0800 number. Got PAC in 5 minutes. Very helpful staff 

Message 29 of 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
Worked an absolute treat. Thanks Marcus.
Message 30 of 119