cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Galaxy S5 Refurbishment - Bent!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Recently, I lost my S5. It was covered by O2 insurance so I paid my £60 excess, and after recieving what can only be described as poor customer service, I received my phone a week later. I had to constantly chase up O2 who promised me they would send me documentation and never did (or sent it to an email address that wasn't even mine!) I also told the customer service rep that I lost my £30 case (bought from O2) which she said would be covered. I was then messed about as I was told I would have to claim again for the case with proof of purchase. I left it there, as by this point, I'd received the phone and bought a new case for it.

When I received the phone, the first thing I noticed was it didn't have the proper S5 screen protector, therefore I knew I had received a refurb. The second thing I noticed was the battery didn't sit in the phone correctly and constantly pushed against the back cover, causing the phone to say the cover was not attached properly (as it is waterproof you get an annoying popup). Upon close inspection, there was a small crease near the volume button which I didn't really care about as I just wanted my phone up and running again.

After having the phone exactly 4 weeks, the screen stopped working. There is a crack in the LCD and glass (which is meant to be  Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with Native Damage Resistance). Both cracks are stemming from the same crease near the volume button. The phone now has a serious bend to it, however it has never been dropped or kept in a pocket with keys/money etc in. I believe this bend is due to the refurb not being sufficiently checked during its refurbishment, and subsiquenty, I recieved a phone which was not fit for purpose.

I am sending the phone back today, to ANOVO UK. Is this cover by warranty as I am shocked as to the poor quality of a phone which was meant to be a replacement.

Kind regards,

Sam

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123131 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Appalling service. It appears you have been really short changed here. I would put in a complaint if you wish to go down that route

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I can see you having to claim off the insurance again now, tbh. You should have rejected this phone immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've complained before about the customer service. I've been with O2 for 5 years now and it gets worse and worse. I've found that the customer service advisers always over-promise and under-deliver. Even for cancelling my insurance, I was promised it would be cancelled and it appeared on my next bill. Then I was told I never requested it be cancelled!

Pictures of the bent phone

Message 4 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I honestly see no positive outcome from this for the op.
Sorry, but that is gonna come back as user damage. BER.
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123131 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I honestly see no positive outcome from this for the op.
Sorry, but that is gonna come back as user damage. BER.

Seems so...and none of it the OPs fault (other than accepting a useless replacement)....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
They might waive the ins excess if you push them hard enough.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anovo will be a complete waste of time. You really need to pursue this with the insurance.

Message 8 of 18

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Sam,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Sorry to hear about this. Please send me a private message and we'll see what can done for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Before any fault diagnosis and warranty repair is conducted, our Repair Centre must ensure the device is within warranty condition as specified by your manufacturer, Samsung.Unfortunately your handset has been deemed out of warranty due to: CRACKED LCD PANELWith the warranty now void, the cost of a full repair or reconditioned replacement is £124.99 incl. VAT which can be added to your next month?sbill."
Message 10 of 18