Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number to O2 has been a nightmare

inland_sleeper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was a happy O2 client in the past, moved my number to a contract with BT Mobile and last week I decided to move back to O2. Looking back it wasn't a good decision, apparently.

BT Mobile was prompt to give the PAC and all information confirming the transfer of my number to the new provider, O2. Also, that the BT SIM card no longer has service (which I can confirm).

O2, in the other hand has grabbed my money and left me without data connection and completely blocked from making phone calls or send text messages. 
The number is working on the O2 SIM card as I am able to receive calls and text messages. 

I went to the nearest shop and spent one hour there and it was a waste of time as the assistants said they couldn't help me.

After that, I spent another two hours on hold on the phone with the customer service. And I got phone service because I got a SIM card from Giff Gaff to be able to make a phone call.

It's been 48 hours since the transfer day...
I already reset my phone, reset network settings, tested the SIM card in a different phone, nothing works.

What should I do? Request my PAC code and move to a different service provide again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36396 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Contact O2 via Social Media, link below this post has the details for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, @inland_sleeper - the service is not instant, but it does work.

Meantime, I will tag @O2Georgina, the Forum's advisor in duty this morning. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@inland_sleeper I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36396 Posts