Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sister's phone on O2 now says invalid SIM

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My Sister does not use her Doro PhoneEasy very often but today she turned on the phone only to find 'Invalid SIM' displayed on the screen and hence cannot make any calls. She had plenty of balance but does this mean perhaps she has not used the phone often enough?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

8.00am is a good time to call just as they open the phone lines.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

An active call is required to be made at least once every 6 months to keep the sim connected.

Contact O2 to get reconnected.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks. To be honest she cannot remember when she last used it although she thinks she must have used it in the last six month for something.

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

Only a chargeable call is acceptable use.

Texts and data no longer apply to keeping the sim active.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. Cannot get through to CS this morning as they seem v busy so I guess we'll have to visit O2 shop next week and see if they can reactivate her SIM. 

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

May take 24 hours for them to get back to you though.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry but I am not on social media or at least those mentioned so will have to wait or strike like if I persist with telephone CS.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

8.00am is a good time to call just as they open the phone lines.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi there. 

Managed to get through yesterday Sunday just after 8am and managed to get phone re-activated though got a lot of sales pitch trying to get my sister to upgrade to DD monthly tariffs which she doesn't want. She has a basic Doro Phone Easy phone that is only fit for calls and a few texts. 

She topped up with £10 and phoned me for a fraction over 2 minutes and her balance dropped to £8-50p talk about being fleeced. I can't find any O2 SIMs that basically do calls. Perhaps we should enquire about getting the phone unlocked so we can go with, say, 1p mobile whose tariff makes a lot of sense i.e 1p/min/text/MB.

Message 9 of 16

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

1p Mobile will set her back £30 per year in total to keep active, but she doesn't have to use all of that and the balance will carry forward

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 16