Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected!

Stuart73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My PAYG classic has been disconnected for inactivity even though i added a Bolt On 2 months ago.

I called customer services and they are giving me a hard time because i am out of the country.

From the website:

"If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number."

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23233 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

@Stuart73 Where were you when you added the bolt-on? You can only use your phone abroad for a limited amount of time.

O2 | Consumer Fair Usage Policy | Terms and Conditions

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

Stuart73
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In Saudi Arabia. The bolt On was added and money was taken from my account.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145127 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@Stuart73 

Not sure why you should be given a hard time for being out of the country.

There are no time limits for using your phone abroad in your location.

What reason did they give for the hard time?

I'd try again and hopefully get someone more helpful.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 14

Bambino
  • 23233 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

I will tag the online advisors, but I'm not sure if there's anything that they can do to help. You may have to speak to customer service again. @Thomaso1 or @O2Emma can you please advise @Stuart73?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 14

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks. grin

signature
Message 6 of 14

Stuart73
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told that if they reconnect, it will disconnect again in a few days as the sim needs to be on a o2 network.

They also told me that adding a bolt on does not extend validity even though it clearly states it does on the website!

Anyway,I will ask for a replacement sim to be sent to a family member in the UK who can connect it to the o2 network and then post it on to me.

Message 7 of 14

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Stuart73 I am sorry you have been disconnected this will be due to in activity you needed to make a few phone calls from your phone number also to keep it active.

Do apologize this was not advised as you are out of the UK we will be unable to reconnect the number until you are back from abroad.

I am sorry about this.

Thanks o2Emma

signature
Message 8 of 14

Stuart73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am working abroad and my PAYG SIM go disconnected through inactivity. I called and had it reconnected but i am told it won't work as i am not in the UK. It has been over 48 hours and still no signal.

So, my question is, can i get a replacement SIM with the same number sent to my registered address in the UK? A family member will activate it on the O2 network and then post it on to me.

I thought i would ask on here before i wait on hold for 1 hour!

Message 9 of 14

Bambino
  • 23233 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

@Stuart73 You'll need to report it as lost. A new one will be sent to your registered UK address, and then a family member can activate it and send it on to you.

Lost or Stolen O2 Device

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 14