Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting on my Samsung A3 phone

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yesterday, during network problems with sending texts and making calls, now resolved, I went into my Phone Settings and turned off Call Waiting (I don't know why really) and today I thought I would turn it back on but when I try to do so after a few seconds I get an error message 'Failed to read data........Unexpected response from network'.

Any ideas as to why this is?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

1p Mobile may be PAYG but they offer most of the bells and whistles of the Main networks including 5G, 4G Calling and WiFi Calling. None of which is available to O2 PAYG customers

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36196 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Surprised it worked on PAYG, tbh - usually call waiting only on Contract and Business, @HHGTTG.

Message 2 of 5

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, Until I turned it OFF yesterday I assumed it was enabled not that I'd ever need Call Waiting.

I saw some You Tube videos that featured using the dial pad and *43# and #43# to turn this feature On and OFF respectively.

It is enabled on an identical Samsung phone using 1p Mobile as the PAYG carrier.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6673 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

1p Mobile may be PAYG but they offer most of the bells and whistles of the Main networks including 5G, 4G Calling and WiFi Calling. None of which is available to O2 PAYG customers

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. 

Message 5 of 5