cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No order confirmation for SIM only?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I ordered a Pay Monthly SIM about an hour ago, everything seemed to go through fine but I haven't received any order confirmation. I've checked my spam folder too. Is this to be expected? I didn't write down the order number, expecting it to appear in an immediate email... There's nothing in My O2 either. 

Thanks

Ian

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144604 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Should get the email straightaway to be honest regardless of your My O2 not updating.
You need to call CS and check it's gone through OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144604 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Give it an hour or so then call cs if nothing shows up anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone

I ordered a Pay Monthly SIM about an hour ago, everything seemed to go through fine but I haven't received any order confirmation. I've checked my spam folder too. Is this to be expected? I didn't write down the order number, expecting it to appear in an immediate email... There's nothing in My O2 either. 

Thanks

Ian

Have you looked in my orders on your myo2? It should show up in there the information that you've recently ordered a sim

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

No there's nothing there in My O2 unfortunately. 

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123067 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I would let the website update itself after midnight before I got worried to be honest. Check again tomorrow morning.. @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do thanks. Was just a bit concerned I had no notification 🙂
Ian
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144604 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Should get the email straightaway to be honest regardless of your My O2 not updating.
You need to call CS and check it's gone through OK.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123067 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I advised to wait till tomorrow purely because we have heard this happening to others recently with O2 systems glitching all over the place...... Anyway, I doubt they will get CS at this time ..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rang CS, got through in about 30 seconds despite the recorded message warning it could be over 15 minutes and the very friendly chap assured me it had all gone through fine. Very impressed with my first experience of O2 customer service!
Ian
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123067 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I rang CS, got through in about 30 seconds despite the recorded message warning it could be over 15 minutes and the very friendly chap assured me it had all gone through fine. Very impressed with my first experience of O2 customer service!
Ian

Brilliant news....so no need to panic...it should be showing in My O2 tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15