Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London tube WiFi not working

Mikel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I try to use Virgin Media WiFi, I try to register as an O2 user with my O2 number. It says I will receive a text, but I never do.

When I try to connect to WiFi Extra, it only works about half the time (notably it doesn't work at Euston station).

Customer service told me I had to register with O2 WiFi first. But Virgin Media used to work and I've never connected to O2 WiFi as far as I can remember. I also tried going to several places that the O2 WiFi map (Fuller's, Costa, M&S), but none of them had an O2 WiFi SSID.

I've heard there's a bit somewhere on my account or SIM that might need changing?

Please help.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Mikel I can have a look into it for you I will send you a private message.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Mikel 

I wouldnt bother with the TFL Wifi on the underground, there are mumblings it is going to shutdown, as it isn't even maintained really by Virgin Media Business, as 4G is coming to the Tube.

Have a look at this page here it has about all your can try https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-london-underground

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 13

CorrectHorseBat
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

It has been broken for ages, the forum staff can help you fix it temporarily, I suggest you tag one of them. It doesn't last long though before it breaks I am afraid.

Message 3 of 13

Mikel
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma are you able to help fix my Virgin Media WiFi?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Mikel I can have a look into it for you I will send you a private message.

signature
Message 5 of 13

Mikel
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Long term, yeah, I'm looking forward to mobile service in the tube. But it's not going to be everywhere until the end of next year, and I would still like something until then.

Message 6 of 13

Mikel
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The O2 WiFi map is quite out of date. I tried several places. The only one that had O2 WiFi was Sainsbury's. Connecting there didn't seem to help.

If I choose one of the other carriers on the Virgin Media WiFi sign-in page, they all say you have to connect to their own WiFi network (Three WiFi, EE Auto, etc.). So I guess WiFi Extra is the only thing that works for O2 customers these days?

Does anybody know how to report problems with WiFi Extra?

Thanks

Message 7 of 13

markwan
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an O2 customer since 2007, and all my previous phones have been able to use O2 Wifi on London Underground.  However my most recent device upgrade is not able to access that and I cannot self provision myself onto O2 Wifi.  Can someone deregister my old device's MAC address and provision my new device for me?  I've tried going down the support chats and web pages, but no joy.  Perhaps @O2Emma or @O2Sarah can direct my question to someone?

Thanks in advance

Message 8 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6652 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Apparently there is a bug in Android 13 that prevents it connecting so people who upgrade suddenly find they can't connect

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @markwan I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 10 of 13