Did you mean: 

AUSTRALIA

vikkiiiii
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

good afternoon

I'm travelling to Australia last week, and just occurred to me to check i have cover in Aus.  I am a pay monthly customer, my contract is 50mb a month- costing £41 + £30 something for phone.  i have a travel bolt on, but this only covers Europe- and looks like Aus is going to cost £6 a day! is there a way around this? I will obviously log into wifi etc...where i can, but still feel this is a lot to pay extra! my daughter also with O2 so the cost will quickly spiral!  my other daughter is with sky and they charge £2 a day to get her phone working in Australia? 

Any help greatly received.  I know we are lucky to be travelling to Australia, its been a LOT of saving and overtime- i haven't factored in another £300!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@vikkiiiii 

o2 charge £6 per day and there is no way round it I am afraid, and what Sky Mobile charge is irrelevant.. 

You need to follow the details below to get o2 travel as well

madasaf1sh_0-1701867170939.png

Your other option is to buy a PAYG sim in Australia and use that for data, and then keep your o2 phone for receiving calls and text, and use the Aus PAYG sim for whatsapp...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144429 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@vikkiiiii 

You could change your tariff to a plus plan which includes Travel Inclusive and gives you free use of your phone in Aus.

You can change back when you get home, so probably the cheapest option for you.

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad

https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3