Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London tube WiFi not working

Mikel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I try to use Virgin Media WiFi, I try to register as an O2 user with my O2 number. It says I will receive a text, but I never do.

When I try to connect to WiFi Extra, it only works about half the time (notably it doesn't work at Euston station).

Customer service told me I had to register with O2 WiFi first. But Virgin Media used to work and I've never connected to O2 WiFi as far as I can remember. I also tried going to several places that the O2 WiFi map (Fuller's, Costa, M&S), but none of them had an O2 WiFi SSID.

I've heard there's a bit somewhere on my account or SIM that might need changing?

Please help.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Ilitana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem here, all my previous phones have been able to use O2 Wifi on London Underground. My brand new Pixel 7 is not able to access (I see a configuration popup with user, pwd, type of identification and so on).  Can someone help / deregister my old device's MAC address and provision my new device for me too?  Perhaps @O2Emma or @O2Sarah can direct my question to someone?

Thanks in advance

Message 11 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Ilitana 

No one can help you on this forum, as it is a customer to customer community with no o2 support, as such Emma or Sarah will not be in touch

Once you're set up, you'll automatically connect whenever you enter a London Underground station with wi-fi. Make sure your wi-fi is switched on. Choose o2 Wifi Extra from the available networks. Once selected, change your EAP method from PEAP to SIM.

Other than that you will need to contact o2 on 202 from your phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 13

Ilitana
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your answer. I have also read other answers and I can confirm that the right procedure is

- register at the O2 Wifi - I am not sure if this helped but I did it in a McDonald's before going in the Tube;

- once in the Tube station, go in a spot with good signal (usually downstairs / near the trains) and try to connect to WifiExtra network;

- chose "SIM" in the menu that will appear everywhere this option is available (I remember 2 places so another one besides the one you mentioned, I can't reach again that screen to post a screenshot). All the other fields to compile (user, password...) will disappear and the "connect" option will become clickable;

- tap/click on "connect" and after 10 seconds of auto-setup made by the phone the wifi connection in the tube will be available. Problem solved!

No need to send sms or any other task to do. 

Message 13 of 13