Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance on One M8 with o2 from CPW

kearneybobs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having a bit of trouble recently with some information o2 have been suplying me concerning insurance on my new HTC One M8.

I currently have insurance with o2 for my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I tweeted the o2 account asking if I could upgrade via a different retailer other than o2 i.e. Carphone Warehouse, and still be able to have o2 insure my new phone.

They took some time to get back to me and in the interim I got onto the webchat with a nice employee named Avril who went though it all with me and said how much I be paying for the specific phones I wanted and I even made sure that if I rejected the CPW insurance would I definitely be able to avail of the insurance with o2. She said I would need to contact o2 within 14 gays of upgrading with CPW to allow o2 to insure me. It sounded perfect to me. exactly what I wanted to know.

Later that day I upgraded via phone with Carphone Warehouse.

o2 got back to me on twitter and have let me know that I CANT use o2 to insure my new phone and that I would have to have bought my upgrade with them directly to get them to insure my phone.

I'm actually quite annoyed at this information, to be honest, if this is true.

Can anyone enlighten me if I will be able to get o2 to insure my phone.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The help pages state:
"You have to be with O2 and over 18 to get one of our insurance policies" It doesn't say anything about where the phone came from.....
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/insurance/mobile-insurance
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I think you have been misinformed. Call them again or contact O2 insure direct on the freephone number.

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately @kearneybobs in order for O2 to insure a phone they have to sell it directly to you, so not trough a retail partner like CPW.

Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately @kearneybobs in order for O2 to insure a phone they have to sell it directly to you, so not trough a retail partner like CPW.

That's a no then. Thanks for that. @Anonymous 

Message 5 of 23

kearneybobs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is really infuriating. Chat support gave me information that was wrong. I chose my upgrade based on that information.

Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Perhaps a complaint, link at foot of page. They will probably only confirm what @Anonymous states though.

Message 7 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Yet another in the long list of bad advice given by Live Chat. It will never end.

What you should do, if you're looking for insurance for your phone, is to look to see if you can add the phone to your home contents insurance, if you have a policy, or see if your bank does insurance for phones. Having never had insurance through CPW I couldn't say whether it was any good or good value for money, but the first two options might be less expensive.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Other options such as ProtectmyBubble exist but please read all the T&C etc.

Or put some money to one side each month just in case to fund a repair or new phone. 😄
Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Any reason why O2 insure is important to you....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23