cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the number you have called is not recognised

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems with a mobile number, it says "the number you have called is not recognised" also when I send text messages they do not reach the person, however if that other person messages me I can then respond to them. If I delete that number from my phone book I can no longer call or text it and have to wait till they contact me before I can message and call the number, the mobile number is another O2 use like myself
Hope you can help
Cheers
K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried adding the contact to your phone book again? (double checking the number is correct)
It sounds like the number that was stored was incorrect.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, prking thanks for the reply, I've re-entered the number a couple of times, what's strange is the number is correct, I've checked it against the other number, really bazar
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
So when you dial the number directly, it connects. However when you use the phonebook it fails to connect?
This seems to indicate a problem with your phone. Which phone is it?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it doest connect unless I've been messaged by that number or called by that number first, the numbers are the same but if I've had a call or a message from them and I delete that number and then put it back into my phone it comes up with "the number you have called is not recognised" however if then that person calls or messages me then I can then respond by call and text, so basically if I delete the number and put it back in my phone it won't let me then call or message it but if that person calls or messages me then I can then call and message it back. I've checked and the number is correct
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you receive a call or text, use the menu options to save the number directly to your phonebook. That way you'll know it's correct. If it still doesn't work your going to have to get your phone looked at.
Message 6 of 6