cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got a blackberry and bought a Pay & Go sim card. I added a 'Basics' Bolt on a few days ago as I was getting an error message when trying to use the internet (3G). Yesterday I received a text message from O2 saying my Bolt on has been activated and when I try to use the internet I am still getting the same message pop up: "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." I have turned the phone off and on, taken the battery out several times, but still receiving this message??

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Call customer service and have them change it for you. I believe the bb bolt on is £5/month.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Is your basic bolt on the blackberry bolt on? You need a Blackberry specific bolt on.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a message saying I could text Basics to 21300, which I did. I then received a text message from O2UK saying: "Yours Basics Web Bolt On will be active within 48 hours. Please have £3 on your balance, we will confirm when active by text."

I then later received a text from O2_ : "Your request for BASICSWEB has been activated and £3 has been taken from your calltime balance."

Is this the correct Bolt On I should have?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you're not on the correct bolt on to use a blackberry on Pay as you go the link to the Pas as you go tariffs is - http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go and theres only 1 available for Blackberry - Text and Web for Blackberry. 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Call customer service and have them change it for you. I believe the bb bolt on is £5/month.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes it is £5/month for BB bolton. The basics £3 bolt on is 100mb normal data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6