Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling on Nokia X10 5G

HughJarsse
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, so have a Nokia X10 5G phone, been migrated from Virgin  to O2, and looking to access the wifi calling that my handset is capable of. According to my O2 account, wifi calling is switched on, but I am unable to find how to access it on my Nokia. Apparently I am supposed to go to the 'settings' > 'network & internet' > 'advanced' > 'wifi calling' and toggle 'on'.

BUT.. when I access 'network & internet'' there is no advanced option, and as such, trying either the 'internet', or the 'calls & SMS' options gives me just a blank screen each time??  

Phone is capable of wifi calling, and O2 say it is switched on their end, so what's the problem?? 

Is it because the phone is not from O2, but a sim free BYOD and not purchased from O2??

Any ideas anyone??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

It seems that although the account says on it is not actually activated O2 end.

You need to call them on 202 or

Message O2 on 

(Facebookhttps://o2uk.co/O2CFB)  

X (Twitter) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or 

Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) ,

They should be able to help you.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Any luck getting it activated on O2's side @HughJarsse

Message 3 of 10

HughJarsse
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be honest, not had the time at the moment, as have more pressing problem in that signal is rubbish around my area, more so since I was ported from VM (Yes, I know they were using O2, and things 'shouldn't be different' ) having real problems getting any sort of decent signal, and regards internet access, regularly getting the 'no internet' message, most of the time. Phone struggles to get 4G most of the time, and has fallen back to 3G recently. 

Unable to access webpages or websites  most of the time and frequently 'times out' .

Tried sim in another handset, and same problem, yet a '3' sim I have, works fine in the Nokia X10 which 'should' be OK as its a recent phone, whilst the O2 (ex VM sim) drops signal and data frequently. 

Sadly, not impressed with O2 at present, and seriously considering going over to '3' as they appear to have far better coverage,  (including 5G which O2 don't have where I am.) 

Struggled today getting any internet on O2, yet my '3' sim in spare phone was rock solid on 5G all the time!!

My O2 contract has better data package that the equivalent '3' price, but it's not much point if I can't use it..

Was looking to pop into local O2 shop, but it's been closed, and nearest is now a fair distance to travel... 

Really need to sort out this first, and wifi calling will have to wait. 

Message 4 of 10

HughJarsse
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update, (of sorts!)

Been to the Bournemouth Air Show all weekend, down by the beach. Unable to access internet at all, during the whole weekend. Repeated 'no internet' or 'offline' (when I am not!) O2 signal checker states I have full 4G, and 5G where I am located, yet, I have no internet?? (I can actually only access internet in 25% of Bournemouth/Poole area where I live, since the VM to O2 swap. When VM were with EE it was 90%, with Voda it was 60% now with O2, 25% which is next to useless!!)

If I go, settings > Network and internet > internet > O2-UK it insists I am 'connected/4G' with about 3 bars of signal, yet I cannot access the internet!! Have done a reset, there's no change. 

Had this since Thursday evening. So, late this afternoon, fed up with paying for something I can't use, popped into the local O2 shop on my way home. Spoke to the assistant, went through the various scenarios, showed him the phone actually trying to access the internet, he did a reset, no change. He then asked the phone make/model. (Nokia X105G) checks up on his tablet... apparently it's not supported by O2???

O2 don't sell Nokia, so they (apparently!) can't help me to sort out the problem, as only phones sold by O2 are guaranteed to work on O2 due to the built in software!! (this is why I can't get wifi calling to work he said, as though it's enabled on my phone and my account, it's not an O2 branded handset!!)

He then suggested I buy an O2 branded phone to get  the wifi calling, and yo (hopefully) solve the 'no internet' problem. 

Like WHAT!!!

Left shop, and am now seriously looking at transferring to '3'. They may offer less for the same money, but it's no good being offered 'double data' if you can't use it!! 

My '3 spare phone sim had full internet access all weekend, my O2 phone had...NOTHING.

Didn't ask to be on O2, was 'shunted' here by Virgin, basically out of the frying pan, into the fire!!

Looking like 30 days notice, PAC code, and off I go!!

Message 5 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@HughJarsse You spent years on the Virgin Community complaining, and now you are here.

The answer is simple....move network. Obviously VMO2 is not for you.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35962 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

good username then...

Norfolk Enchants 😂

Message 8 of 10

Kellywebster
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Talking poo I've too use to be virgin mobile till was offered by vm to swap to O2 they sent me new phone new sim and I still can't get free WiFi and yes have done all things told to do too  not sure what I can do cause the phone is a contract phone and will be paying it off for about 2 years 🙄😬😒😪😭💩

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

You have to persevere with O2. Your phone set up is probably wrong. If close enough, pop instore with ID and let them take a look OR

You need to call customer service.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402 

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10