cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone sends multiple copies of one text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

I don't know when this has started, but I have received complaints from people whom I text that I keep on sending them 4 or 5 copies of a single text message I send them.

In the Messaging App, only one text seems to be sent (one I sent). When I saw a screenshot of my friends' inboxes, they received multiple,copies of the same text - and the original text I sent ain't even a lengthy one (Two sentences).

Is this issue being experienced by anyone? How do you resolve this? Is this a phone issue or my carrier's issue? I use this phone for work as well so unintentionally sending multiple SMS can be professionally destructive.

Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (RM-892_eu_euro1_274)
Carrier: O2-UK

Thanks in advance for those who help me.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 are inviting everyone to change to a 4G sim now so you could pop into an O2 shop and they'll do it for you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Try cleaning the sim and if that doesn't help get a new one from O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll keep that in mind. It's a good thing, though, as that means I could talk to the Gurus who might shed some light to this.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see how it goes with this option if there are no other self-solutions out there.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We seemed to have a spate of these a number of months ago and a new sim was what seemed to resolve the proble. I seemed to remember Samsung suffered from this.

Message 4 of 8

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 are inviting everyone to change to a 4G sim now so you could pop into an O2 shop and they'll do it for you.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add ;

when they perform the sim swap for you take into account that the procedure can take from a few minutes to approximate 24 hours for your network and data connection to fully return and stabilise.
Message 6 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know how you get on Kwanton.

Welcome to the community slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie @perksie @bandofbrothers When I got this phone, it came with those new sims that are 4G capable. So, technically I should have the new updated sims from O2.

But I'll still visit an O2 store for help. They might replace my SIM. I'll go as soon as I can. I'll be back with an update about my problem. Thanks.
Message 8 of 8