cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10 problems!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys I got the BB Z10 when it came out , the handset I could was faulty and kept on playing up on me e.g. Freezing etc.. I had the handset exchanged for a new one after a few days now this handset is giving me the following problems;

1. When I am about and about the phone loses network (no matter what my location is) 2/3G don't work at all. (Only way to make the phone work is by restarting it) and I am unable to get Any calls or tex

2.if I don't use the phone for about a hour or two all the numbers on my contacts disapper and all I can see is contact names, no numbers (to fix this problem I have to restart the phone) 

3. When using the BB map app while out it doesn't want load at all (guess this is linked to the network issue) 

4. I am unable to use the browser at all while out and about and if I am able to use the browser the loading speed is very slow and takes ages to load up pages.

5. The battery life on the phone is so bad that I've had to buya car charger, battery only last for about two hours max!!! And that's me not even using the phone much. (Not really a heavy user) 

I have restored the phone quite a few times but the problems are still there 

I am really unhappy cos now I'm stuck in a contract and I've been told by O2 shop that all they will do is senit it off to get repaired which I know wont fix these prproblems 

can you please advice me on what options i have? As I don't really wanna pay for something that i can't use. 

I would like to give the handset back and get a different brand rather than a BB

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, definitely send it back for a replacement! My Z10 does none of those things.

The battery life (at times) can be poor with very heavy usage but most of the time, it'll get me from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed.

Best of luck with your replacement :). Let us know if you have a completely different experience with it!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the phone is faulty within the first 28 days, the O2 store (presuming that is where you got it) will not send it off for repair, they will replace it.

It definitely sounds like it appears to be faulty from what you've described - which is most annoying if you have already had it replaced once!

is it possible to try another sim card in the phone to see if that works fine (or your sim in another phone)? Just because the issues seem to be network-y that might be the problem.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have try my SIM card in another handset and I Have no problems, ill go to the same store later on today. 

In regards to having the handset replaced will they give me another BB or can I chose a different brand handset?? 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a 7 day change of mind period. Outwith this, it would be a replacement for the same handset. If you are still within 28 days then the store may be able to swap handsets for something else, but just so you are aware - this is very unlikely.

I know you haven't had the best of luck with the Z10 but it really is a good phone if you get it working!

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, definitely send it back for a replacement! My Z10 does none of those things.

The battery life (at times) can be poor with very heavy usage but most of the time, it'll get me from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed.

Best of luck with your replacement :). Let us know if you have a completely different experience with it!

Message 5 of 5