cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blackberry Z10!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There

I have had my new Blackberry Z10 for nearly a week now and have asked several times why I can get Skype or Whats App on it....

I have been told several different things to do.... like download Blackberry Desk Top and I would be able to download them from there ???? I cant !!!!

Also I cant seem to transfer my contacts etc from my Blackberry Curve to my Z10 ???

I know its a new phone but surely all these things should be simple to do ... BUT NO !!!!

Anyone any ideas !!!

Thanks

Carolyn

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
As the Z10 is still new you'll have to wait until the apps are updated to work with the new OS. There are some that can be run in compatibility mode but it's trial and error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

What seems to be the issue when you download them from blackberry app world on the phone? 

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

I havent got them in my Blackberry Apps....So I downloaded them from the internet and it seems to download ok but when finished it tells me that its not suitable for this device or unable to open this file ???

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
As the Z10 is still new you'll have to wait until the apps are updated to work with the new OS. There are some that can be run in compatibility mode but it's trial and error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok... Thanks

But thought as they were quite basic apps they would be available !!!!

Oh well wish I had never got this phone .....better with my Pink Blackberry Curve !! Ha Ha

Thanks Anyway

x

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I'm sure it won't be long.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll probably get the updates throughout the next seven days

Message 8 of 13

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Carolyn1

Try this to get your contacts across.

• On your BlackBerry device, Contacts application, press the Menu key > Options.
  • Change the Wireless Synchronisation field to No or clear the Wireless Synchronisation check box.
  • Press the Menu key > Save.

Now try using the device transfer option in Blackberry Link.

In respect of What's App and Skype, they are not yet available for BB10. With a bit of jiggery pokery you can get the android equivalents to run on it but this is not something I would recommend for the average phone user.

Message 9 of 13

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you can't wait for them then the Chrome extension is by far the easiest way to sideload converted Android apps, just put the phone in development mode, set password, open the extension, put in address and connect. Originally for playbook hence the name but works just the same with BB10. See my post here for links to that and Goodereader which has a list of converted apps.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 10 of 13